All Ingredients: Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil
- Incidecoder Rating: Goodie
- EWG Rating: 1 (Best)
- PETA Rating: Cruelty Free & Vegan
- Origin: Cold pressed from safflower seeds, sustainably grown in India.
The oil coming from the seeds of the yellow flowered safflower plant. Similar to other plant oils, it's loaded with nourishing and moisturizing fatty acids: it's a high linoleic acid oil (70%) and has only smaller amounts of oleic acid (11%), making it great for acne-prone skin. It also contains antioxidant vitamin E (44mg/100g alpha-tocopherol).
Omega-6 (aka linoleic acid) is claimed to have barrier repairing (by increasing cellular cohesion) and skin soothing activity and is especially recommended for damaged skin.
- Bioresource Technology, Sep 1, 2008, Chemical composition and oxidative stability of flax, safflower and poppy seed and seed oils
- Matravers, Peter, et al. "A two week clinical study evaluating the effect of a product containing omega ceramide on hydration and skin barrier performance: 3022." Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 74.5 (2016).
When to use
At night, before sleeping.
How to apply
Apply 2-3 drops and wait for 3-4 minutes for your skin to absorb. Repeat this until you find excess on your skin. Use a damp cloth to remove the excess.
Frequency of use
If your concern is severe, use every night. Otherwise, use every alternate night.
Safe to use during
- Menstrual pain
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
Use with other products
Mix 1 drop of every product on your palm, rub your palms, and apply the mixture. Wait for 3-4 minutes for your skin to absorb. Repeat this until you find excess on your skin. Use a damp cloth to remove the excess.
- Keep away from children
- Patch test before use
- For external use only
Consult your doctor
For frequency of use, if you are being treated for
- Dermatitis or eczema
- Third-degree burns
- Skin cancer
Re-use the bottle, or empty the glass bottle and place in the recycling bin.