All Ingredients: Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil
- Incidecoder Rating: Goodie
- EWG Rating: 1 (Best)
- PETA Rating: Cruelty Free & Vegan
- Origin: Cold pressed from raspberry seeds, sustainably grown in the USA.
Raspberry is one of the colorful berries that’s not only delicious but contains many biologically active, healthy compounds. It has polyphenols including anthocyanins and ellagitannins that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
According to skin care expert Paula Begoun (of Paula's Choice fame), it’s antibacterial as well but due to its tannin content it can cause irritation to the very sensitive skinned.
One of the manufacturers of Raspberry Seed Oil claims that the oil can repair injured skin and restore a healthy barrier function (so that the skin is healthy and hydrated again). The manufacturer did some in-vivo (made on real people) studies to show that the oil did indeed decrease Trans-Epidermal-Water-Loss and reduced cracks and scales on dry lips better than placebo.
- J. Agric. Food Chem., 2010, 58 (7), pp 3901–3909, Identification of Flavonoid and Phenolic Antioxidants in Black Currants, Blueberries, Raspberries, Red Currants, and Cranberries
- J Agric Food Chem. 2012 Jun 13; 60(23): 5755–5762., Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Polyphenolic-Enriched Red Raspberry Extract in an Antigen Induced Arthritis Rat Model
When to use
Early in the morning.
How to apply
Apply 2-3 drops and wait for 3-4 minutes for your skin to absorb. Repeat this until you find excess on your skin. Use a damp cloth to remove the excess.
Frequency of use
Once every day, even when you’re spending indoors or during winters.
Safe to use during
- Spray tanning
- Acne breakouts
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
Use with other products
Mix 1-2 drops of every product and apply the mixture. The product is a natural moisturizer, so avoid using another. The effect of the product is NOT reduced by swimming or perspiring, so no need to re-apply.
- Keep away from children. However, you can apply this to your children.
- Patch test before use.
- For external use only.
Consult your doctor
For frequency of use, if you are being treated for
- Third-degree burns
- Skin cancer
Re-use the bottle, or empty the glass bottle and place in the recycling bin.