All Ingredients: Cucumis Sativus Seed Oil
- Incidecoder Rating: Goodie
- EWG Rating: 1 (Best)
- PETA Rating: Cruelty Free & Vegan
- Origin: Cold pressed from cucumber seeds, sustainably grown in India.
When it comes to cucumber and skin care, cucumber seed oil is the one that steals the show for its soothing and moisturizing properties. But cucumber also has seeds and these seeds contain oil that has nice fatty acids and emollient properties, similar to many other plant oils.
Cucumber oil is a high linoleic acid (60-69%) oil that also has a fair amount of oleic acid (9-20%). It also contains antioxidant vitamin E , phytosterols and some trace minerals such as potassium . It is a very light oil that is absorbed easily into the skin. It is described as an excellent oil for moisturization formulations.
- Naveed, Akhtar & Mahmood, Arshad & Barkat, Ali & Khan, Barkat & Mahmood, Tariq & Muhammad, Haji & Khan, Haji M. Shoaib & Saeed, Tariq. (2011). Exploring cucumber extract for skin rejuvenation. AFRICAN JOURNAL OF BIOTECHNOLOGY. 10. 1206-1216.
- Flayeh, Khawola & Sylayman, Khuther. (1987). Antimicrobial activity of the amine fraction of cucumber (Cucumis sativus) extract. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology. 3. 275-279. 10.1007/BF00933580.
When to use
At night, before sleeping.
How to apply
Apply 2-3 drops and wait for 3-4 minutes for your skin to absorb. Repeat this until you find excess on your skin. Use a damp cloth to remove the excess.
Frequency of use
If your concern is severe, use every night. Otherwise, use every alternate night.
Safe to use during
- Menstrual pain
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
Use with other products
Mix 1 drop of every product on your palm, rub your palms, and apply the mixture. Wait for 3-4 minutes for your skin to absorb. Repeat this until you find excess on your skin. Use a damp cloth to remove the excess.
- Keep away from children
- Patch test before use
- For external use only
Consult your doctor
For frequency of use, if you are being treated for
- Dermatitis or eczema
- Third-degree burns
- Skin cancer
Re-use the bottle, or empty the glass bottle and place in the recycling bin.