Can topical application of oils increase breast size?
Proponents of using oil for natural breast enlargement may suggest massaging your breasts with:
- almond oil
- clove oil
- coconut oil
- emu oil
- fenugreek oil
- flaxseed oil
- lavender oil
- jojoba oil
- olive oil
- primrose oil
- soybean oil
- tea tree oil
- wheat germ oil
Along with making your breasts firmer and larger, internet claims may also promise results, such as:
- elimination of stretch marks
- balancing of hormones (via the scent of the oil)
- cancer protection
- skin softening
None of these claims are supported by scientific evidence.
How do you apply the oil to your breasts?
Proponents of using oil for breast enlargement suggest that it should be:
- room temperature or warm
- applied to both breasts
- massaged in a circular motion, moving from the outside to the inside of the breast
They also recommend massaging the oil into your breasts for at least 10 to 15 minutes a day to increase blood flow and gradually increase breast size.
What are the true health benefits of oil for breasts?
Although the topical application of oils wonâ€™t firm sagging breasts or increase breast size, many oils can be good for your skin. These oils include:
- Almond oil: contains vitamin E that helps moisturize your skin
- Coconut oil: contains vitamin E and fatty acids that help moisturize and keep moisture in your skin; itâ€™s also naturally antifungal and antibacterial
- Jojoba oil: an emollient that can moisturize and soothe dry skin
- Lavender oil: an anti- inflammatory that can moisturize skin
- Olive oil: a vitamin-rich antioxidant and antibacterial that can moisturize skin
- Tea tree oil: an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial
What are the risks and precautions?
If youâ€™re expecting the oil to firm or enlarge your breasts, your biggest risk is the risk of disappointment.
If youâ€™re using the oil to enhance the skin on your chest, the only risk may be an allergic reaction. For example, if youâ€™re allergic to olives, you may have an allergic reaction to olive oil.
If youâ€™re not sure about a potential allergy, do a patch test:
- Wash your forearm with mild, unscented soap and water.
- Select a small area of skin on the inside of your arm, then apply a small amount of oil to that area.
- Cover the area with a bandage, and wait 24 hours.
- Monitor the area for signs of discomfort.
If after 24 hours, you donâ€™t notice any signs of irritation, such as redness or blistering, itâ€™s likely safe to apply the oil to a larger area.
How can I make my breasts firmer or larger?
The internet has numerous articles and blogs about natural products and remedies to make your breasts firmer or larger.
Even though these claims may be supported by photographs and anecdotal evidence, thereâ€™s no scientific evidence behind them.
If youâ€™re unhappy with the way your breasts look, talk to a doctor and have them recommend a board-certified cosmetic surgeon. You can set up a consultation to discuss what youâ€™re hoping to achieve and whether a surgical technique can help you attain the results youâ€™re looking for.
Two surgical options to consider are:
- Breast lift: if you feel that your breasts are sagging and should be firmer
- Breast augmentation: if you feel that you would be happier with larger breasts
Breast size and shape typically vary from one person to another. If you feel that your breasts donâ€™t look the way you want them to, you might search for ways to change them.
Even though surgery is the only proven way to change breast size and shape, youâ€™ll find claims on the internet for many alternatives, including oils.
Although oils may have moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties to enhance your skin, they wonâ€™t change your breast size.
If you decide to try oils for your breasts, talk to a dermatologist before starting.
Read this next
There are claims that rubbing Vaseline on your breasts each night can help them grow. Find out if this technique is effective and learn about otherâ€¦
Breast size is determined by a combination of genetics, lifestyle, and body weight. If you're interested in increasing your bust size naturally, yourâ€¦
Surgery isnâ€™t the only way to get perky breasts. Hereâ€™s how to use what youâ€™ve got at home â€” or can pick up from the mall â€” to up the â€œwowâ€ factor.
Breast augmentation recovery usually takes several weeks. It might be longer if you develop complications, like an infection or implant leak. Hereâ€™sâ€¦
Vitamin C is touted as one of the best anti-aging ingredients on the market and the key to maintaining a smooth, even, and glowy complexion. But doesâ€¦
Healthy hair is a sign of beauty and good overall health. Here are the top 5 best vitamins to grow your hair, along with 3 other nutrients.
Taking a collagen supplement can be an easy and effective way to help support better skin. Here are the 8 best collagen supplements for better skin.
Biotin plays an important role in the health of your hair, skin, and nails, but can it really help with hair growth? Here's what you need to know.
People use Rose of Jericho in traditional medicine around the world. This article uncovers the scientific evidence known so far about its benefitsâ€¦
Read more on: oil