No.171 - Pre-Sun Exposure
The silky, weightless answer to UV and blue light photoaging.
Protect your skin from harmful UVA and UVB radiation with this lightweight natural SPF serum, while blue light filter technology works to shield your skin from collagen degeneration and loss of elasticity.
Net Weight 30ml / 1 fl. oz.
All Ingredients: Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil
- Incidecoder Rating: Goodie
- EWG Rating: 1 (Best)
- PETA Rating: Cruelty Free & Vegan
- Origin: Cold pressed from raspberry seeds, sustainably grown in the USA.
Raspberry is one of the colorful berries that’s not only delicious but contains many biologically active, healthy compounds. It has polyphenols including anthocyanins and ellagitannins that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
According to skin care expert Paula Begoun (of Paula's Choice fame), it’s antibacterial as well but due to its tannin content it can cause irritation to the very sensitive skinned.
One of the manufacturers of Raspberry Seed Oil claims that the oil can repair injured skin and restore a healthy barrier function (so that the skin is healthy and hydrated again). The manufacturer did some in-vivo (made on real people) studies to show that the oil did indeed decrease Trans-Epidermal-Water-Loss and reduced cracks and scales on dry lips better than placebo.
- J. Agric. Food Chem., 2010, 58 (7), pp 3901–3909, Identification of Flavonoid and Phenolic Antioxidants in Black Currants, Blueberries, Raspberries, Red Currants, and Cranberries
- J Agric Food Chem. 2012 Jun 13; 60(23): 5755–5762., Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Polyphenolic-Enriched Red Raspberry Extract in an Antigen Induced Arthritis Rat Model