No.351 - Pores
If you minimize pores and not reduce sebum production, your skin will enlarge the pores to allow for the sebum to exit. Thus, most pore-minimizing formulas work as temporary solutions.
This transformative serum decongest the pores, reduces the appearance of pores and balances sebum production, ideal for minimized pores. This is a full-circle therapy for lasting results.
Net Weight 30ml / 1 fl. oz.
All Ingredients: Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil
- Incidecoder Rating: Goodie
- EWG Rating: 1 (Best)
- PETA Rating: Cruelty Free & Vegan
- Origin: Cold pressed from grape seeds, sustainably grown in India.
We wholeheartedly support the rise of seedless grapes as fruit snacks, but when it comes to skincare, we are big fans of the seeds.
They contain the majority of the skin goodies that - similar to green tea - are mostly polyphenols (but not the same ones as in tea). The most abundant ones in grape are called proanthocyanidins, and 60-70% of them are found in the seeds (it's also often abbreviated as GSP - grape seed proanthocyanidins). In general, the darker the fruit, the more GSPs and other flavonoids it contains.
So what's so special about GSPs? Well, they are super-potent antioxidants, much stronger than Vitamin C or Vitamin E. And if that's not enough, GSPs and other flavonoids in grape also show UV protecting and anti-cancer properties.
It's definitely a goodie to spot on the INCI list.
- Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, Volume 9 (3) – Sep 1, 2010, Original Contribution: Top 10 botanical ingredients in 2010 anti‐aging creams
- International Journal of Cosmetic Science, Volume 37 (5) – Oct 1, 2015, Polyphenols as active ingredients for cosmetic products
- Leslie Baumann, MD, Cosmetic Dermatology, 2nd edition, Grape Seed Extract - pages 301-302