No.345 - Redness
This is nature’s cure for skin sensitivity. This fast-acting serum will reduce redness overnight, while soothing signs of sensitivity in seven days including dryness, itching, discomfort, flakiness, tightness or burning sensations.
Formulated for sensitive and stressed skin, this serum strengthens skin’s moisture barrier and helps protect from pollution.
Net Weight 30ml / 1 fl. oz.
All Ingredients: Cucumis Sativus Seed Oil
- Incidecoder Rating: Goodie
- EWG Rating: 1 (Best)
- PETA Rating: Cruelty Free & Vegan
- Origin: Cold pressed from cucumber seeds, sustainably grown in India.
When it comes to cucumber and skin care, cucumber seed oil is the one that steals the show for its soothing and moisturizing properties. But cucumber also has seeds and these seeds contain oil that has nice fatty acids and emollient properties, similar to many other plant oils.
Cucumber oil is a high linoleic acid (60-69%) oil that also has a fair amount of oleic acid (9-20%). It also contains antioxidant vitamin E , phytosterols and some trace minerals such as potassium . It is a very light oil that is absorbed easily into the skin. It is described as an excellent oil for moisturization formulations.
- Naveed, Akhtar & Mahmood, Arshad & Barkat, Ali & Khan, Barkat & Mahmood, Tariq & Muhammad, Haji & Khan, Haji M. Shoaib & Saeed, Tariq. (2011). Exploring cucumber extract for skin rejuvenation. AFRICAN JOURNAL OF BIOTECHNOLOGY. 10. 1206-1216.
- Flayeh, Khawola & Sylayman, Khuther. (1987). Antimicrobial activity of the amine fraction of cucumber (Cucumis sativus) extract. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology. 3. 275-279. 10.1007/BF00933580.