No.342 - Redness
This is nature’s cure for skin sensitivity. This fast-acting serum will reduce redness overnight, while soothing signs of sensitivity in seven days including dryness, itching, discomfort, flakiness, tightness or burning sensations.
Formulated for sensitive and stressed skin, this serum strengthens skin’s moisture barrier and helps protect from pollution.
Net Weight 30ml / 1 fl. oz.
All Ingredients: Cannabis Sativa Seed (Hemp) Oil
- Incidecoder Rating: Superstar
- EWG Rating: 1 (Best)
- PETA Rating: Cruelty Free & Vegan
- Origin: Cold pressed from hemp seeds, sustainably grown in the UK.
Research suggests that hemp oil may have use as a treatment for a range of skin conditions, such as acne, dermatitis, and psoriasis. This is due to its potential anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties. These may include:
Acne is the most common skin condition in humans. Hemp contains many compounds with oil-reducing, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties that may help improve acne. A 2014 study explored the effects of hemp on human sebocytes. These are the cells that create sebum, which is a waxy, oily substance the skin produces. While sebum helps protect our skin, excessive sebum can also result in acne. The study indicates that hemp oil can prevent sebocytes from creating too much sebum. A 2016 review notes the potential antibacterial and antifungal properties of the cannabis plant. This could help prevent acne due to infections on the skin. A 2019 study suggests that hemp may also be beneficial for treating the appearance of acne scars.
Dryness and itching
A 2019 study notes that hemp may be useful for treating some common symptoms of skin conditions, such as dryness and itching. The anti-inflammatory properties of hemp may be particularly useful for reducing potential triggers of eczema, dermatitis, and psoriasis. As hemp oil can help soothe skin and reduce the appearance of irritation, it may be useful for people with sensitive skin.
Aging and wrinkles
A 2017 study highlights the antioxidant properties of hemp oil. Oxidative stress can contribute toward the aging process. Therefore, the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of hemp may help prevent the appearance of aging in the skin.
As the cannabis plant may contain antibacterial and antifungal properties, it may be useful for treating infections on the skin.
- Tóth, Kinga Fanni et al. “Cannabinoid Signaling in the Skin: Therapeutic Potential of the "C(ut)annabinoid" System.” Molecules (Basel, Switzerland) vol. 24,5 918 (2019).
- Iffland, Kerstin, and Franjo Grotenhermen. “An Update on Safety and Side Effects of Cannabidiol: A Review of Clinical Data and Relevant Animal Studies.” Cannabis and cannabinoid research vol. 2,1 139-154. (2017)
- Andre, Christelle M et al. “Cannabis sativa: The Plant of the Thousand and One Molecules.” Frontiers in plant science vol. 7 19 (2016).
- Oláh, Attila et al. “Cannabidiol exerts sebostatic and antiinflammatory effects on human sebocytes.” The Journal of clinical investigation vol. 124,9 (2014).