Reasons Why Minnie Driver Looks Younger Than You
Itâ€™s been more than 15 years since Good Will Hunting premiered, but Minnie Driver, who played the no-nonsense Skylar, barely looks a day older than she did in the film. At 44, Driverâ€™s still showing off her signature curls, famous freckles, and svelte physique.
Driver credits her love of hiking for the latter, which has led to her newest role as the face of the Be a Claritin Trailblazer campaign. â€œI love being outside,â€ said the About a Boy actress in a recent interview with ishonest. â€œThatâ€™s where Iâ€™m happiest â€“ out hiking around with my kid or with friends, and as an allergy sufferer it gets pretty tough to do that when the weather gets nice.â€ The partnership, which benefits Rails-to-Trails, a non- profit organization that converts old railroad lines to public walking, hiking, and biking trails, was important to Driver because she wanted other allergy sufferers to know that hay fever symptoms shouldnâ€™t keep them from exploring the outdoors.
When sheâ€™s not scaling a mountain, the British beauty tends to her health and grooming needs, which happen to be surprisingly grounded. Here, learn her best- kept secrets for looking good on â€” and offâ€”camera.
1. The pill that makes her hair shinier: Driver admits that her famous curls dropped a bit after having her son Henry in 2012. After trying everything to restore her hair to pre-baby condition, she started taking Viviscal, which did the trick. â€œIt works! It thickens my hair and makes it shine, and the overall health of my hair changed dramatically after taking that product for three months,â€ she said.
2. Her wake-up-call isâ€¦alarming: Most people ease into waking up in the morning, but not Driver. â€œI stick my head under a freezing cold faucet!â€ she said. â€œThen I apply moisturizer, let it sink in while I get dressed, and then go do my makeup.â€
3. She prefers to go makeup-free: While Driver said that she feels the most beautiful after her hair and makeup team have gone to town on her look, sheâ€™d be participating in #MakeupFreeMonday every day if it werenâ€™t for the paparazzi. â€œIf it was just me and my everyday life and I wasnâ€™t being stalked by the paparazzi every now and again, I would wear no makeup and my hair would be up,â€ she said. â€œBut because theyâ€™re around, I always have a base and mascara on, so my skin will always look even and my eyes wonâ€™t look like coal in the snow.â€
She also keeps Collagen Lift Moisturizer by Derm Exclusive, Daraphin Parisâ€™ 8- Flower Nectar, Palmerâ€™s Cocoa Butter, and Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm in Grapefruit & Ginger in her purse at all times.
4. She gets her snack ideas from her son: â€œI always have Buddy Fruits, which are these amazing fruit and veg pouches,â€ said Driver, who first got wind of the healthy nosh because her son loves them. â€œTheyâ€™re incredible."
5. This monthly treatment keeps her skin glowy: When asked how her beauty routine has changed over the years, Driver simply stated, â€œI get more facials now than I used to.â€ She credits her commitment to â€œreligious monthly facialsâ€ with Morgan at Burke Williams â€“ a day spa in Los Angeles â€“ for her youthful- radiance. â€œ[Morgan] is the best in L.A.,â€ Driver gushed
5 Common Hygiene Myths You Shouldnâ€™t Believe
Do you need to shower every day? Wash your hands with scalding-hot water? Here's the dirt, according to health experts.
Which Collagen Sources Should You Try?
From powders and gummies to foods and topicals, hereâ€™s a list of collagen sources ranked from best to worst.
Potentially Toxic Chemicals Called PFAS Are Common in Cosmetics, Study Finds
Lab tests suggest that more than half of cosmetics sold in the United States and Canada may contain high levels of the chemical. U.S. legislators recently...
6 Places You're Missing When You Apply Sunscreen
No matter how thorough your SPF routine, these are the spots experts say are often overlooked.
Ask a Castle Connolly Top Doctor: How Aging and Gravity Affect Your Skin
A renowned plastic surgeon, recognized as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor, discusses the factors that affect our skinâ€™s appearance, and how patients can ...
California Bans 24 Toxic Chemicals From Personal-Care Products: What to Know
A bellwether state for federal efforts, California just became the first in the nation to ban certain chemicals from cosmetics and personal-care ingredients...
What Are the Benefits of Fish Oil for Your Hair?
Eating more whole fish with omega-3 fatty acids may help strengthen your tresses, but thereâ€™s limited evidence that fish oil pills will do the same.