Frankincense comes in the form of resin from the Boswellia tree commonly found in Oman, Yemen, Somalia, and other Northern regions of Africa. Known as the king of oils, Frankincense is one of the oldest and most common oils in the essential oil family and was highly utilised by the ancient Egyptians for perfumes, salves and skin problems. This centuries-old knowledge has guided us to modern day uses of the oil and helps us to understand how to best use such a vastly beneficial oil.
How to use Frankincense in your daily routine
- RELAX:Frankincense can be used internally as well as externally, and promotes feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction and overall wellness. Rub Frankincense essential oil on your feet to relax and reduce mood swings after a long day at work .
- IMMUNE BOOST:Use Frankincense to help in maintaining a healthy immune system. Frankincense also promotes cellular health, as it aids in nourishing the blood and brain. Try adding Frankincense essential oil to your morning cuppa (non- dairy beverage) by diluting a drop in some nice warm water, or add a drop in a teaspoon of honey. If you like it strong, try a drop under your tongue.
- FACE BEAUTY: Frankincense can aid in reducing scars, stretch marks, and skin imperfections, as well as promoting your skins' youthful appearance by slowing signs of ageing. So be sure to include this oil in your skin regime! Try adding a drop of Frankincense to some fractionated coconut oil and rub over problem areas. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears and other sensitive areas.
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY: Try rubbing Frankincense into your hands after a long day of working to promote a natural, non-inflammatory response.
- NAIL CARE:Try rubbing some Frankincense into your nails and cuticles to strengthen and repair.
When in doubt use Frankincense!
From a holistic perspective, Frankincense is regarded as the oil of truth and is used as a cleanser of spiritual darkness. It invites you to let go of life's daily worries, negativity, releasing lower vibrations to create new positive perspectives. When used as an emotional healer, Frankincense draws upon nurturing qualities, assuring it's user that they are loved and protected. Overall, Frankincense is a wonderful oil to draw one's self closer to divinity and the grandeur of the True Self.
Read more on: frankincense