Chaitra has a triple main bachelor’s degree in journalism, communicative English, and economics and a master’s degree in journalism and mass communication. She has more than four years of experien... more
- 12 Best Bronzers That’ll Add A Glowing Tan To Asian Skin (With Buying Guide)
- Buying Guide – Bronzer For Asian Skin
- Tips On How To Pull Off Bronzing?
12 Best Bronzers That’ll Add A Glowing Tan To Asian Skin (With Buying Guide)
1. Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer – Deep Bronzer
Happiness is…this bronzer that glides like butter! Considering how chalky makeup powders can disturb your skin’s texture, this one will go on effortlessly on the skin. And surprisingly, it is infused with 3 different types of butter (cupuacu, tucuma, and murumuru), which deeply moisturize the skin with every use. Also, in addition to that, this bronzer has soft-focus pigments and refined pearls to enhance your skin with a bright and radiant glow. Sounds like an ideal combo, doesn’t it? Try it and tan up confidently with Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer.
- Delivers a flawless bronze look
- Ultra-soft and smooth creamy-to-powder formula
- Hypoallergenic, oil-free, and non-comedogenic
- Safe for sensitive eyes and skin
- Paraben-free, gluten-free, and cruelty-free product
- The powder is fragile.
- The scent may be bothersome if you are sensitive to smell.
2. Nyx Professional Makeup Matte Bronzer – Medium
If you are looking for an affordable and high-performance bronzer, then Nyx Professional Makeup Matte Bronzer can be your ultimate go-to. Adding warmth and a natural beach tan to your skin color, you can flaunt your sun-kissed glow all around the year with this powder. Also, if you are a contour enthusiast, then you are going to love it even more. Use it to define or enhance your features when not using it as a bronzer, for this one guarantees a flawless radiance with every use! Try it.
- Delivers a honey glow on skin
- Radiant and skin-enhancing formula
- Improves complexion and adds a healthy glow
- Suitable for all skin tones
- Vegan and cruelty- free product
3. Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder
Your ticket to the tropical islands and back! Hoola Matte Bronzer by Benefit not only looks exotic but delivers a non-orangish and healthy tan on the skin. Sweep it on your cheekbones, cheeks, and forehead and get ready to be swarmed with compliments and jealous stares all day long. Want more? This bronzer for pale skin is highly versatile and can be used for contour makeup look, highlighting, and face slimming too. A great option, if you can’t handle all that paleness anymore — try this bamboo-designed bronzer pressed powder for a natural sun tan on your skin. It is the best bronzer for pale skin.
- Cute and compact
- Soft pressed powder that blends easily
- Includes a large-sized fluffy brush
- Portable and travel-friendly
- Ideal for contouring tanned asian face
4. Maybelline New York City Bronzer Powder
Get a tan, contour, or go for a natural makeup look, all with one pressed powder! Maybelline New York City’s Bronzer Powder has more benefits than you think in-store. Other than giving you a radiant tan without looking too obvious, it subtly contours and sculpts the face with a soft bronzing effect as well. And that’s not all — it stays on easily for up to 16 hours! Yep, an ideal option for workaholics who cannot do without makeup and have no time for touchups. Sweep on this bronzer for the tan-tastic glow all day!
- Micro-milled powder
- Infused with whipped cocoa butter
- Glides on the skin effortlessly
- Accentuates and defines features
- Guarantees a velvety and smooth matte finish.
- May take longer to blend
- Not recommended for medium to deeper skin tones
5. NARS Bronzing Powder – Laguna
Don’t let those stubborn lines and pores keep you from getting a gorgeous tan this season. Let NARS Bronzer Powder take care of all the aging signs with its seamless and sun-kissed finish. Concealing all the blemishes with sheer coverage, it’s a must-try for dull and mature skin makeup users. Also, if you are worried about the orangish tint? Don’t be! For this bronzing powder ensures a natural and healthy tan only. Miss it at your own risk!
- Brown shade with a subtle golden shimmer
- Adds warmth and intensity
- Enhances complexion and features
- Delivers a flawless finish effortlessly
- Suitable for all skin tones
- Not recommended for fair complexion.
6. Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder
If you are going to fake that tan, you might as well do it with Bobbi Brown. Pigmented enough to meet your tanning needs, get ready to cook up a great story behind your new beach look. Gliding effortlessly on the skin, so you enjoy your makeup session as well, it’s a must-try if you don’t mind loosening the purse strings on a premium product. Still, thinking? Go, get a luxurious tan with this classy bronzer today!
- Silky-smooth and refined texture
- Blends easily and long-lasting formula
- Delivers a soft, seamless, and natural finish
- Suitable to wear all around the year
- Available in shades for all skin tones
7. LORAC Tantalizer Highlighter And Matte Bronzer Duo – Bronze
Now anyone can get that red-carpet glow, on the go! Backed by Hollywood celebrity makeup artist — LORAC Tantalizer Duo delivers a stunning tan as well as doubles up as a highlighter to get that perfect contoured look. So, if you don’t mind a subtle shimmer with your tan, you can mix, match, and create multiple looks with this highlighter and bronzer split-pressed powder. Now, who’s ready to turn every road into a red carpet with this gorgeous tantalizer? Try it!
- Velvety-smooth and soft matte bronzer
- Highlighter shade infused with illuminating particles
- Travel-friendly with a large mirror inside
- Free from GMOs, parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrance, and more.
- The bronzer may not blend easily.
- The highlighter has a light pigment.
8. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer
What makes Hourglass Bronzer worth the splurge? The list is endless! Unlike other bronzers that may somewhat look enhanced, this one ensures a masked look, just like a second layer on the skin. Also, it is the infused photoluminescent technology that promises seamless color transitions (in case you are tan already) and blends easily too. And to add a more classic touch, the powder is handcrafted with a progressive miscelare technique (which means mixing in Italian). So, if you are looking for a natural tan minus the “harmful rays” experience — Hourglass is the luxury you need.
- Lightweight and compact
- Adds intensity and warmth
- Vegan and cruelty-free product
- Suitable for medium to deep complexion
- Ensures a smooth and seamless finish
- Doubles up as contour for cheeks and jawlines
- Infused with transparent particles that prevent flashbacks.
9. CHARLOTTE TILBURY Filmstar Bronze & Glow
Don’t just add a tan, add a showstopping tan with Charlotte Tilbury’s Filmstar Bronze & Glow! Built with a large mirror inside, get red-carpet-ready anywhere anytime with this travel-friendly palette. Whether you want to add a healthy tan, sculpt, highlight or define your features, this pressed powder duo will glam you up instantly. The bronzer is infused with pigment and pearl to deliver a sun-kissed radiance, whereas the highlighter will enhance your skin with its light flex technology. An ideal combo that’ll tan and glam, prep up for a celebrity-like glow up with this high-end bronzer. It is the best bronzers for medium skin tone.
- Paraben-free product
- Builds and blends easily
- Suitable for fair to medium skin tones
- Ensures an even and subtle coverage
- Mimics beach tan and ideal for contouring
- Highly-pigmented formula with elastomer pearls
- The golden base reflects light to give you a flawless glow.
- Not recommended if you are looking for a matte effect
10. Becca Sunlit Bronzer
Enjoy the power of sun-drenched beaches now in this bronzer powder. Though getting a suntan while sipping on a cocktail may sound lit, the rays could end up causing more damage than good. Hence, if you are looking for a subtle tan to fight paleness, Becca Sunlit Bronzer is a great choice for you. And if you are a fan of shimmer, then get ready to glow up even more, for this tan comes with a beguiling shine. Indulge, tan lovers!
- Blends and builds easily
- Lightweight and creamy consistency
- Non-orangish with a natural and full coverage
- Suitable for light to fair skin tones
- Light pigment
11. RMS Beauty Buriti Bronzer
Not everyone is a fan of pressed powders, and for them, we have this creamy bronzer. Ultra-intense, rich, and smooth enough to thrill up the bronze goddess in you, get ready to flaunt your Asian features with a natural tan confidently. Lightweight and easy-to-blend, this compact bronzer is infused with shimmer too — because what’s a tan without a flawless glow, right? But what really makes it more interesting is the formula that contains jojoba seed oil, cocoa seed butter, buriti fruit oil, coconut oil, rosemary extract, and more. Just what you need to feel pampered and sun-kissed this season, bronze up to experience the difference!
- Formulated with natural ingredients
- Creamy and smooth consistency
- Delivers an even and natural coverage
- Suitable for all skin tones
- It may not last long.
12. Physicians Formula Magic Mosaic Multi-Colored Custom Bronzer – Light Bronzer
Lastly, this bronzer that lets you adjust the shade as per your needs! Whether you want an intense or subtle tan or want to use this multi-colored palette for contouring, the choice is yours to create endless looks. With darker hues ideal for contouring and overall bronze makeup to the lighter shades ensuring a soft sun-kissed glow, get ready to feel spoilt for choices with Magic Mosaic. Also, you don’t have to worry about allergies or blocked pores — this product is dermatologist tested and approved. Sensitive skin users, go, get that tan now!
- Helps customize tan intensity
- Includes matte and shimmer shades
- Travel-friendly with a mirror and fluffy brush inside
- Multiple dark to light shades in one palette
- Fragrance-free and gluten-free product
- Hypoallergenic, oil-free, and non- comedogenic
- Light pigment
- Not ideal if you are looking for a matte finish
Tan lovers, we bet you can’t wait to get started already! Those were the 12 best bronzers for Asian skin. However, if you are still confused about how to choose the best bronzer for Asian skin tones, read our buying guide below.
Buying Guide – Bronzer For Asian Skin
How Do You Choose A Bronzer For Asian Skin?
It’s simple! All you have to do is look out for the features below to find the right one instantly:
Skin tone: To get the natural tan effect, a bronzer should be 2 or 3 shades darker than your complexion. So, figure out your skin tone first, whether you have warm or cool tones, and then accordingly pick a bronzer shade for your skin.
Skin type: Let’s not ignore the skin type while choosing a bronzer, or else you’ll end up with a messed up tan look. Check if the bronzer is ideal for your skin type to get that perfect effect. For example, pressed powders are great for normal, oily to combination skin, whereas dry skin users can opt for liquid or creamy bronzers.
Blending power: A shade should blend easily, quickly, and effortlessly on the skin, or else you’ll end up with patchy areas rather than a sun-kissed glow. Inspect the blending powder before purchasing the bronzer.
Versatility: Who doesn’t like multi-purpose palettes? And given that most bronzers can be used for contouring and highlighting as well, pick a palette that offers more than one makeup benefit so you can use it all around the year, and even when you don’t need a tanned look.
Tips On How To Pull Off Bronzing?
You don’t have to be an expert to pull off bronzing with ease! Here are some simple steps for beginners:
- Firstly, sweep a clean brush of your choice on the bronzer and dust off the excess powder to avoid wastage.
- Now gently glide it on your hairline followed by your cheekbones and jawline.
- The purpose is to create a “3” effect on both sides of your face.
- After doing that, move on to the most important step— blending!
- Keep blending gently in big and small circles until you get a seamless finish
- Once done, run your brush over the nose bridge and neck area if you like a shadowy effect.
There you go, now your tan lines are happy to glow wherever you go! Say goodbye to paleness, and hello to a gorgeous tan this season. With no more harmful rays, sun damages, or chemical sunscreens to worry about, get ready to flaunt your sun-kissed glow, as if you’ve freshly hit the beach! Now, what are you waiting for? Browse, shop, and tan up with the best bronzer for Asian skin, this 2020. Happy tanning season to you!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Asians Use A Bronzer?
Anyone can use a bronzer as they are available in different shades and for different skin tones. So, whether you are an American or Asian, you can use a bronzer if you are looking for an intense and natural tan effect.
What Is The Difference Between Bronzer And Contour?
A bronzer adds warmth to the complexion, especially around the hairline, cheekbones, and jawline areas. A contour, on the other hand, is used to enhance and define features to make them stand out. However, a bronzer can be used for contouring as well.
Can You Put Bronzer On Bare Skin?
Though it is advisable to apply a primer or moisturizer first, you can use a bronzer on bare skin as well for a natural, fresh, and sun-kissed look.
Should Fair Skinned People Use Bronzer?
Bronzers are ideally used with a blush on fair skin to prevent a patchy look. So, if you have a fair complexion, you must learn the trick of blending before applying bronzer on your skin to get that seamless and natural tan coverage.
Do I Need A Bronzer If I’m Tan?
If your skin is tanned unevenly, a bronzer can help even out the skin tone and tan lines. Besides this, if you are looking for an intense tan effect, then also, a bronzer can help to get the desired look.
Read more on: skin
Learn about unknown needs of your skin for free